Have you ever been into one of these 2 hours brainstorming session where lots is said, but less is done. Those meeting forgot the goal of brainstorming: to have many bad ideas and maybe a good one.
There is a way to trick your brain in getting the same result of a 2 brainstorm session. Focus on the topic at hand and list as many things as possible over 2 minutes (yes that short).
The steps (it is the same for one or more participants):
- select a high level topic
- try to find as many ideas as possible in 2 minutes (use an alarm)
- select the 2 least worst ideas and repeat the process
This method has two very positive effects:
- in 15 minutes you can deep dive a lot of options and ideas
- it can be used during a meeting. For example “this is a gread idea, Jon, let’s brainstorm for 2 minutes”.
Simple yet effective and in my experience, the results are comparable (if not better) than the 2 hours session