If you are a startup founder of planning to become one, I highly recommend you to start investing in other startups. It is the best way to understand how startup work from the investor point of view.
But how a founder, already putting all his/her savings (maybe even parents' savings too) can become the investor of others. Well it is simple, you can use sites like seedrs to invest from as little as £10 per company. In exchange you get access to pitch decks, discounts (nice!), and updates. By investing in many companies you can get a good understanding about:
- what is a good update frequency for investor
- what is the things that investors care about
- how to write a good report
- how to write a good investor decks
- how to create a good video
- how to build credibility with anonymous investors
- and other interesting fact from the other side of the fence.
and many more things. Plus who knows you might find that your £10 will become £100