This website has no Analytics enabled.
some context (the past)
In previous incarnations of this blog I used to enjoy all the funky stats of Google Analytics. I wasted hours looking at my stats, learning SEO, writing in a style that was not fully mine (but more Google compatible). I spent money on Wordpress plugins, software to share my content with the masses and (never fully) mastered pop-ups. All for some sense of achievement looking at a number going up and feeling very depressed when the numbers would go down.
Stats are not worth it
back to basics (the thinking)
I created this blog for the following reasons:
- share the knowledge
- learn more
- help others
- improve my English
- be consistent in something
- get feedback
conclusions (the why)
What is the best way to measure those reasons:
- share the knowledge - number of posts
- learn more - reader commenting and adding their views. Online (better as shared to more people) and offline
- help others - comments, online and offline. If what you read helps you, please comment
- improve my English - Grammarly review
- be consistent in something - number of missed articles in a year
- get feedback - comments again
So I keep comments and remove the rest.