My career has been a series of ups and downs, starting out as a traveller and going to 11 schools, getting my first computer (386DX 33 8MB ram!) at 16, which gave me a passion, the desire to build businesses, and a burnout, which I fortunately was able to circumvent by moving to the UK, and later by moving for an 11-month holiday on a tropical island (Reunion Island), followed by a more stable job allowing me to get prestigious IT and business certifications and strategic roles.
Various Cloud and FinOps related roles
London | 2012-present
- FinOps professional - number 20.
- Top 250 AWS experts - AWS Ambassador.
- Growing Strategic Blue's revenue 12 times while increasing the number of employee four times.
What's new in Cloud FinOps Podcast
FinOps Guys | 2021-present
- Sharing the cloud news that impact your wallet.
- Interviewing FinOps influencers.
- A great way to keep in touch with a friend.
Gap year expert
Reunion Island | 2016-2017
- An experience few have before retirement.
- No closed shoes for a year.
- A great story to share.
Founder of Coblan srl
Italy | 2002-2012
- Jack of all trades.
- Technical expert of most technologies born at that time.
Wherever | Always
- Blogging on https://frankcontrepois.com
- Learning in public on https://zt.frankcontrepois.com
- Writing for publications. Search for the pubication tab.
- Trust - Trust to build long term relationship
- Honesty - I believe in what I say
- Improvement - To evolve, to survive and be a better person
- Sharing - As in team work
- Open minded - I understand others views
- Fairness - I believe in the brain and actions as the way to value people
life and school
Italian (Roman accent)
life and uni
Working in English
London | 2012–present
French-Argentinian school in Buenos Aires | 1990-1994